- Imran Khan is set to visit Karachi for the first time on 16th September after being elected as the Prime minister of Pakistan. According to the PTI’s spokesman, the premier will chair a meeting focusing on the current security situation, he expects a briefing on the ongoing developmental projects. He will also attend a fundraising program for Diamer-Bhasha Dam at the Governor House which will be organized by the Sindh Governor Imran Ismail.
- On Monday LHC issued a bailable warrant against Ex-prime minister Shahid Khan Abbasi in a case was filed by civil society member Amina Malik. He is alleged for not honoring his oath of office by disclosing the military concerns on Sharif’s misleading statement regarding Pakistan involvement in Mumbai attacks in a National Security Council (NSC) meeting to party leader Nawaz Sharif.
The warrant was issued due to absence of Mr. Abbasi in today’s hearing. Justice Syed Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi has ordered him to pay Rs 1 million in surety bonds. Nawaz Sharif has sent a notice from court in case of defaming the state.
- On Saturday Imran Khan was summoned by the local court of Peshawar for the fourth time. He is facing charges of defamation filed by former MPA and PTI member Fouzia Bibi over his charge of horse trading in senate elections against her. Fouzia Bibi has demanded an apology for defaming her and Rs.500 billion as the recovery of damages.
“Through all sources of expression, Imran accused me of horse trading by way of selling vote for money, through all electronic, print and social media, which was broadcast on all TV and radio channels, uploaded and posted on social media and published in all leading newspapers. The defamatory statement has totally damaged my political, social and family life besides destroying my personality,” Said former MPA
- The department of medical oncology at Hayatabad Medical Complex, Peshawar has partner up with a drug manufacturing firm Novartis in 2011 to treat the poor cancer patients free of cost. So far, 2,100 blood cancer patients have benefited from this project with 88% survival rate. The head of Department Prof. Abid Jameel gave a presentation on adopted model at Oxford University, UK on 9th September.
- A 17-year-old married girl attempted suicide by jumping into the river in Rech village, Chitral. The 4 months expecting girl was deaf and often had arguments with in-laws over suspicion that they mock her during conversations. During the search the police found her mobile and other personal belongings placed on a rock that indicate that she might have jumped from this point. The search to retrieve her body is still in progress. Two days ago a senior school teacher was also reported to commit suicide in Lotkoh Garam Chashma.
- According to Jemima Goldsmith, on the directives of Imran Khan both of the children were absent from the oath taking ceremony of prime minister. On Saturday Imran Khan’s sons Sulaiman Khan and Qasim Khan landed at Islamabad airport and are expected to stay at Bani Gala.
- Karachi’s first race track constructions is about to end. It is located Airmen Golf club, PAF base, Korangi creek.
- Pakistani cricketer faced bashing comments after revealing that his child would neither have Pakistani or Indian nationality.