The demand for olive oil is increasing day by day due to eating habits of people of Pakistan. Local production does not meet the demand so we’ve to import olive oil. Following are the types of olive oil in Pakistan & their benefits:
Virgin Olive Oil
The most popular variety, virgin olive oil is a well-known cooking oil with a surprisingly low acid content. It is best suitable for people who want to enjoy the benefits of olive oil.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
“Extra” is the highest grade for olive oil, made by cold pressing olive fruit, this oil is considered to be the best for human body and it is very expensive. The virgin oil produced from the mechanical pressing described above may be called “extra” if it has less than 1% free folic acid, and if it exhibits superior taste, color and aroma. Thus, the “extra” in extra virgin olive oil means “premium,” or simply, “the best.”
Pure Olive Oil
This oil is actually an amalgamation of refined and virgin olive oils. It has a high acidic content.
This type of oil is used only as a fuel and is not suitable for cooking.
Benefits of Olive Oil
- Vitamin E available in Olives is the body’s primary fat-soluble antioxidant. Anti-oxidants help to strengthen the body’s immune system; reducing the severity of asthma, cancer, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis, premature ageing, as well as delaying the effects of ageing.
- Used as a balm, it fortifies and moisturizes the skin, combating dry skin and softening it. It also combats acne.
- Helps against wrinkles and delays the effects of old age.
- Helps combat strokes, heart-disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- The decoction of olive leaves in water is effective against mouth and lip ulcers and allergic dermatitis also.
- Tea of Olive leaves helps against high blood pressure.