Whether you’re young or old, everyone can use some tips here and there to help make life a little easier.
Here’s 10 self-care and makeup tips to help you take care of your body the way it deserves it!
1. ”The best time to apply creams is after the shower, as the skin has been de-oiled.”— Dr. Stephen P. Bracci
2. Hydrate your under-eye area with an eye cream to prevent puffiness and bags.
3. Replace mascara and liquid eyeliner after 3-4 months.
4. If you choose to use false eyelashes, remember to use the dark glue as it will blend in with the lashes.
5. When using an eye-shadow primer, only place the primer where you’ll be adding color.
6. To help you find the right shade of foundation, choose the product you think is closest to your color and try it on your jaw line in natural light. You will be able to easily compare it to your neck’s color to see if you need to go for a different undertone, lighter or darker.
7. ”Use your concealer as a base on your eyelids.”— Melissa Silver, Maybelline makeup artist.
8. If you don’t have nail polish remover, apply clear nail polish over your nail, and then wipe off. It will remove old polish.
9. Always use a moisturizer with SPF in the morning. Even in the winter!
10. Sunscreens that claim to provide “all-day protection” and “water resistance” are not reliable; don’t be fooled by these claims and reapply all sunscreens at least every 2-3 hours.