The Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) is a world class academic foundation with a satisfied history of achievement, and objective situated game plans for what’s to come. Setting up the school thrived in the cerebrum of Syed Babar Ali, Pro Chancellor, LUMS who is the overseeing soul behind the school. With his solid attempts and support of the business bunch, the academic world and representatives of the organization, started the establishment of what was to wind up detestably one of the principle schools of South Asia.
With support of ten of the fundamental open and private zone organizations of Pakistan, the National Management Foundation (NMF), the supporting body of the University, was melded on November 7, 1984. The NMF was permitted an authorize by the Government of Pakistan for working up the University on March 8, 1985. Through this endorse, the University was given the true blue proper to develop degree-permitting programs. Moreover, the council in like manner permitted authorization to set up various schools under the aegis of the “Lahore University of Management Sciences”.
Since its inception in 1985, LUMS has strived to achieve the aim of imparting world class education while encouraging research and intellectual growth in the country. As a result, LUMS has played a key role in setting high standards of academics and producing professionals who can compete with counterparts from any university across the world. For high achievers, there is LUMS university scholarship program. Students are selected for admission to the undergraduate program on evaluation of the following:
- SAT Reasoning Test with minimum score of 1950.
- Academic Record – 12 years of education.
- A Level, at least 2Bs and 1C grade in three principle subjects. …
- FA, at least 60% marks.
- FSc, at least 65% marks.
LUMS MBA Admissions Criteria
- A 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent. A 4 year degree program at an accredited Pakistani or foreign university is mandatory for LUMS MBA admissions. …
- GMAT Test Results. … The target zone: 640+. You are definitely in range for a chance at admissions to LUMS with any score above 640, given that you have at least some experience and a decent application. The safe zone: 570-620. If your scores are in this range then as long as your work experience, GPA, resume and recommendations are on track with the average LUMS hopeful, you have a good shot. Keep in mind, though, that even a 700 doesn’t guarantee admissions to LUMS as many students that I know have been rejected by LUMS at those scores.
The No zone: below 550. Your application is likely going to face some serious extra scrutiny. You must have something to offer to LUMS that other high scorers don’t else chances would be negligible. Generally students with less than 550 have much more work experience than others – generally 3+ years.
- Work Experience. …
- Two recommendation letters. …