The moment you turn 18, you find yourself excited to get your CNIC then Driving License and what not. Sadly CNIC is not as exciting as the first time when you have to renew it a few years later. You think about the time you will waste at NADRA office and delay it until you finally get up and spend half the day in a queue and finally get your CNIC.
Make sure you have:
- Your photograph.
- Credit/debit card for NADRA Smart card urgent fee.
- Supporting documents required for NADRA smart card such as birth certificate and old CNIC.
Luckily NADRA has made the process easier if not exciting like your first CNIC. You just need to visit official NADRA website and click on “Get Started”.
- Create a new application in NADRA card renewal category.
- Provide applicant details
- Provide the CNIC delivery address details.
- Provide billing information.
- Make payment through Credit/Debit Card.
- You will get payment confirmation.
- Provide personal information including any updates in your address.
- Provide your address (that you want to appear on your CNIC).
- Add family details.
- Upload your photograph (without any glasses, looking straight into the camera and with a white background.)
- Upload supporting documents such as Birth Certificate and old CNIC.
- Provide attestation information of the officer who attested your documents.
- Review the data generated in Urdu. Make corrections using the on screen keyboard.
- Download the Urdu form, fill it out and upload it with your signature and fingerprints.
- Review all information (make sure you check every tiny detail to avoid any inconvenience).
- Sign the online declaration that the information provided is accurate.
- You’re done! Wait for the delivery of your CNIC.
Congratulations you saved hours by applying online, the whole process of the online application takes about 20-25 minutes in the comfort of your house without the need to visit an office or stand in a queue.