We’ve all heard plenty of meditation but have you wondered if it’s really worth it? Well read on to know more about what it is and how it works. Then you’ll have a better idea on whether or not you should try it out yourself.
What is meditation?
Meditation is a spiritual science of self-realization. It comes from India over five thousands years ago. Factually, it means “union.” Union means it connects you to the ultimate reality, where individual demonstrations of life are surface bubbles in the process of creation.
How to practice it?
Here is an easy way of practicing meditation.
- Get into a comfortable position.You can sit on the floor, sit in a chair, or lie on your back.
- Inhale deeply into your abdomen and breathe up through your ribcage.
- Hold the breath for a few seconds and notice how your body feels.While breathing in, try to relax those areas of body which are tensed.
- Exhale out slowly through your mouth. Use your abdomen to push the breath out completely.
- Repeat this process until you feel relaxed.You can sit or lay and breathe for as long as you like to get into a relaxed state.
Benefits of Meditation
Meditation is quite useful for you in the following of ways:
- Decreases stress by giving you a release and ultimately helps you cope with it better.
- Diminishes inflammatory markers in the body and helps to prevent pro-inflammatory diseases.
- Decreases the chances of a heart disease
- Improves your life by being a personal therapy session for you reflect over your thoughts.
- Lowers the symptoms of depression by decreasing the production of stress hormones in the body.
- Reduces probability of several types of chronic pains.
- Improves quality of your sleep
- Reduces chances of a migraine or lessens the effects of the one you already have.
Balance between mind and body
Oh yes, balance between mind and body. It seems really fascinating. If your body’s energy is balanced and fully activated, there will be no physical or psychological illness that you suffer from. It’s not impossible, you just need to a deeper understanding of the whole system.
Now, the system itself is a miracle. It’s phenomenal and the magic is already there. We just have to explore and play with it, that’s all. The whole experience is quite thrilling. Atoms in our bodies are magical, when you meditate you harness a kind of special energy which makes you feel fresh and positive.
So it’s extremely easy, keep doing meditation to balance the energy present in your body.
Is it worth doing?
I’d say for me, it certainly is because I feel much better now that I practice it everyday. It doesn’t take me that much time and I can do it anywhere I’d like. It’ll definitely help you too if you try to do it on a regular basis!