- Gout Treatment
- Avoid Future Attacks
- Diet for Gout Patient
If you or any member of you family are suffering from Gout Attack which is also a form of arthritis, because of increase in URIC ACID then it is necessary to take precautionary measures without any further delay. Gout is only cured if all the crystals of Uric Acid are removed from joint. Usually it appears in the toes and knees, big toe is most common. Avoid the following during Gout attack.
List of Precautionary Measures for Gout Sufferers
- Avoid Aspirin unless doctors knows your condition and prescribed you so. As it can worsen an attack.
- Avoid carbonated drinks.
- Avoid red meat, fish, sweet breads and gravies as they have HIGH PURINE and can trigger an attack.
- Avoid vegetables such as cauliflower, asparagus, spinach, peas and mushroom also contain a lot of purine.
- Avoid foods such as white bread, cakes, candy, sugary beverages.
- Keep your foot elevated about 30 degrees to reduce the inflammation. And apply bag of ice.
- Avoid stress of any kind as it may aggravate Gout attack.
How to Prevent Future Attacks of Gout
- If you are worried about future Gout attacks then follow the following steps on daily basis to avoid Gout Attacks.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 16 glasses a day. Keep your body hydrated as it flushes excess URIC ACID out of your body. Also an increase water consumption has been linked in less Gout attacks.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables as they are healthier and enough to provide your body with sugar it may need.
- Vitamin C is known for lowering the Uric Acid’s level in body. Having Vitamin C tablet in your daily diet may reduce the risk of future attack.
- Consume low-fat or no-fat foods and dairy products to avoid risk. And that will also provide you enough protein for your daily needs. Have low-fat yogurt or skim milk.
- Coffee is associated in lowering the risk of Gout attacks.
- Cherries have Anthocyanidins which help lower Uric Acid. Eat a cup of cherries fresh or canned each day. Strawberries and blueberries are also good.
- Have small amount of lemon in water.
Don’t starve your body, exercise if you can and eat moderately. Avoid having long gap between 2 meals.
Take precautionary measures and see medical staff as soon as you have Gout attack so the doctor can prescribe you medication and start the treatment.