Every house is infested with intruder “ANTS”. You see them in your gardens, in kitchen and also they can be found in your bedrooms. They can increase in numbers and make a nest even inside the walls as they find warmth there and food in your kitchen. They should be given urgent attention. Look no further, solution is within your reach and in your kitchen.
List of Tips to Get Rid of Ants
- Mix a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water in any spray bottle. Spray it onto the ants to kill them, then wipe up the ants using a damp paper towel and discard them. You can also use vinegar and water as a deterrent. Spray it around your windowsills, doorways and other places where you see ants coming and that will repel them from entering the house. You can even use it in your garden or plants as it is not harmful and still work as repellent. NOTE: This process will have to be repeated as the scent of Vinegar fades away.
- Fill a spray bottle with 1 cup of liquid hand soap and water. Shake the bottle to let the soap and water mix together. Then spray the mixture on ants whenever you see them in your kitchen. Wait for few minutes for them to stop moving before wiping the floor.
- If you see ants nest in your garden. Boil water and pour it down the nest. That will kill most of them as they cannot stand boiling water. And they will be forced to move their nest.
- Spread some natural ant repellent items around the infested area. Use chopped garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes, cinnamon or mint. It will repel ants and force them to find another way.
- The most effective way to kill the ant colony is by getting rid of the queen through setting up a bait. To do that, you need time. Don’t kill ants, just find their trail. Find where they go after collecting their meal. Get a container, Mix ½ cup of sugar with 1 cup boiling water and 4 tablespoons of Borax (Boric Acid). Leave the paste outside in the garden where the ants are coming from, they will be attractive to it because of sugar content. They will take the food back to the colony where the queen is and eventually the whole colony will die of poisonous acid. NOTE: It is recommended to add other sugary ingredients such as honey or peanut butter instead of sugar as ants may be attracted to honey or peanut butter more.
- Make sure you have all the utensils and daily food for consumption away from the targeted area. As any chemical can damage food and may not be safe for consumption.
- Keep all the contents away from kids. All the homemade remedies are effective but some needs to be repeated.
- Keep all the gaps in doors and windows filled.
- Ants smell food from metres away, Wipe your benches and keep your eating area clean to see lasting results.