The Cafe culture in Pakistan is rapidly gaining popularity especially among the youngsters as they find it a great place to hang around. However, if you are interested to open a cafe business in Lahore then, there are some perfect steps that can easily be followed in this regard. Keep in mind the following opening a cafe checklist:
- The first step in opening a new cafe is deciding what type of cafe it is going to be. Are you looking at opening an expensive fine cafe or you want it with a normal price range?
- Then comes the most important thing, the Location. It can make or break your cafe. Before you run and sign a lease for your cafe location, do your homework. It is advised that the cafe location should be in a busy area with plenty of foot traffic.
- After that, the next important step is selecting the name of your cafe. Select a cafe name that means something. It should be a reflection of your theme or location.
- Further, you must design opening a cafe business plan. There are two important reasons you need a business plan. Firstly, it helps you identify problems that are expected to occur and secondly, no bank will finance you without your business plan if on some point you need a financial loan.
- In Pakistan, there is a great chance that the licenses and permits take several weeks, even months to be approved. So as soon as you know you are good to go with your financing, you should start filling the paperwork
- After that, the next step is related to the design of your cafe. A large empty space quickly fills up when you start adding commercial kitchens, walk-in refrigerators, a bar and a waiting area. It is highly recommended that the design of a cafe should be a balance between aesthetics and seating capacity by keeping practicality in mind.
- Then, it is time to write a cafe menu. A well-written cafe menu should be both descriptive easy to read and have a clear, uncluttered layout. A few things to avoid on a cafe menu include clip art and too many disclaimers.
- Moreover, as you get closer to the opening day, you need to begin hiring for both the kitchen and floor. Kitchen staff, and wait staff are all integral parts of any cafe, and you must look to hire the perfect person for each position.
- In the end, advertising is a must for most new cafes. Supplement traditional advertising such as newspapers and radio ads. You must not ignore the power of a good website for your cafe. Also use social media sites like Twitter, YouTube and Facebook to spread the word about your cafe.