How to Get O’ Levels Equivalence Certificate in Pakistan

GCE ‘O’ Level is considered equivalent to Secondary School Certificate (SSC) subject to meeting the requirement of Scheme of Studies as under:

  1. Pakistan Based Examinations: Eight subjects including Compulsory English, Mathematics, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and three electives.
  2. Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives.

To qualify for Science Group it is necessary to pass Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/Computer Science. Rest will be placed in General/Arts/Humanities Group.

To get equivalence certificate made, following is the procedure go to: 

  •  Paste 2 photographs as asked. Write all the details. Leave out the portion that’s reserved for office use.
  • If you want the Normal processing then it will cost 1500Rs and take 1-2 weeks (as per 2nd September 2014) and Urgent would cost 3000Rs and take 3-4 days.

After filling the form, the following things are required for further process:

  • O level certificates and your CNIC/ID card.

It’s advisable to get 2 copies of each of them. They can be attested by any government worker that is working on above 16th scale. It’s much better to avoid the attestation through the IBCC. It costs extra money and time. Besides, an attestation is just a stamp and signature of the government employee.

  • Completed form, original certificate and CNIC along with attested copies of certificate and CNIC.
  • IBCC office (it’s preferable to go early by 9-10 am to avoid rush and long queue) gives the challan form.
  • After getting challan form you will pay at the HBL branch inside the building, get the copy and head back to the IBCC office.

After the successful submission of documents, you would be given the student’s copy of the challan that you will keep and a date would be mentioned for collecting the certificate.

One Comment

  1. Is it mandatory to have an advertisement aid of newspaper nd an affidavit for duplicate equivalence certificate as the original one had submitted for admission in college,,now I need another copy of my equivalence for entry tests purpose in universities!!! Kindly do inform! Thnx

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Articles