Process to renew driving license in Pakistan
Thinking of going to a government office scares a lot of people. Same is the case when it comes to renewal of one’s Driving License. Luckily this office does not make you stand in long queues for hours. The process is pretty simple and easy to follow. Just go scroll down and life will be easier for you.
The first thing to remember is the required documents:
- Copy of CNIC.
- 2 Passport Size photographs.
- Medical Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate for candidates over the age of 50 year.
- Application form.
- Original Driving License
- Relevant Tickets
- STR form of Rs. 180 after the test.
The Fee and Late fee is as follows:
|Type||Licence fee||Fine after 1 year||Renewal fee & fine for 5 years|
|Motor cab Rickshaw||100||250||750|
Once you know the requirements, you are ready to step into the office but not so much:
- Make sure you go on a weekday.
- Make sure you go early in the morning.
- Keep change in your pockets, it will save you a lot of time.
- Look tidy, or bear a poor picture for the next five years.
With these basic tips, you should be prepared to go get your renewed license:
- You will go straight to the information counter where you will fill the application form.
- Then you will fill out the application form for the photo booth.
- The next step is to pay the medical fee of Rs. 100.
- Then comes the data entry counter which takes your details.
- Medical Assessment counter is the next step in the process.
- The next counter is Stamp counter where you pay the relevant fee.
- Then go to the lamination counter to receive your photo slip.
- Then you will go to the photo booth for a fresh photo for your new license.
- Finally you will go to the lamination counter again and receive your new Driving License.
Life goes back to normal, you begin driving with a license like a responsible citizen should. Drive Safe!